Tuesday, 20 November 2012

The new New Year’s Resolution


Do you have one? Or ideas and things you want or need to do in your life? Yes? Well why do we feel we need to create one in the first place? Is it to feel like we've accomplished something in our lives, well why not? 
Why not jump out of a plane, swim with sharks or fling yourself off of a bridge? With the New Year, why not make a bucket list as well as, or instead of a new year’s resolution?
I got inspired to write a bucket list, from the film, with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, where they fall ill with cancer and want to fulfill their last wishes. As grim as it may sound, it's not a bad thing to do. A lot of us want to seize the day, and live in the moment, whether it's for charity, just for you, or if you're an adrenaline junkie. You can do something amazing and life lifting like skydiving, or to stay in all day and watch the extended additions of The Lord of the Rings and relax. 
How to get listing
Whether it is something outgoing and outrageous, or just something you've never got round to, it'll feel good to do something for yourself and to cross it off of your list (if you like to write lists and tick things off then this will be for you.)Why not start off with five things you want to do. My list consists of; zorbing, bungee jumping, writing a book, watching the extended editions of The Lord of the Rings, and to get dressed up as a comic book hero and go to comic con. We can have a good mixture of activities where we can relax, and one’s that will be once in a lifetime opportunities.
The good thing about this is that you don’t have to accomplish all of these goals in just a year; you have your life to complete the things you want to do. You can spread them out, for example you could aim to do one of them in 2013, so get thinking and create your own bucket list!

3 comments:

  1. My New Year's Resolution every year so far has been not to make a new year's resolution, parazoxically I always do and it is 'not to make a new years resolution'. So I break my resolution with my resolution.... Help I'm stuck in a paradox get me out of here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. parazoxically ??? I meant paradoxically

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Saffron, I changed devices and lost you for a while...glad you are posting again! I was just talking about a bucket list the other day. The only thing on mine, at the moment, is to tour the east coast of Canada: Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island etc....beautiful places that I have longed to see. I don't have any great aspirations about jumping out of a plane, like some people have had :)

    I think snafu's resolution this year should be to stop getting so inebriated, paradoxically speaking :)

    ReplyDelete